Office reopens November 17th for 2021 applications Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 to 1:30 pm at the Sportsplex arena lower foyer for all sports for 2021. Applicants need to email or call leaving your name and phone number or email to make an appointment prior to coming. We will email or call with a time and date for your appointment. The door will be locked and only one adult can come into the office. We will unlock the door and you must sanitize your hands before entry and be wearing a mask. Please ensure you bring or email your 2019 Notice of assessment for all adults supporting the child along with pay stubs for the month prior to the application until March 15th then need 2020 documents.
All 2020 applications closed as of noon Sept 22 nd 2020.
You require your 2019 Notice of assessment plus pay stubs or social assistance stubs for month prior to application! until March 15th then require 2020 documents for 2021 applications.
Application must be received 2 weeks prior to the sport/dance registration or not accepted.
Changes to vouchers re sport/dance or amounts will not be accepted after application is adjudicated and you cannot reapply for another child in the same year after your first application.
Parents of applicants must ensure they register their child with the sports organization on their registration dates as no spots are held for Sports for Kids applicants. Call the organization for registration dates.
When you apply to Sports for Kids Timmins registration of the child and use of the vouchers before the expiry date is the parent responsibility. Also notifying us that you have not used the voucher is the parent responsibility.
Remember that when you apply it must be for all sports for the entire year 2020 as only one application is accepted each year per child and it cannot be changed after acceptance and vouchers printed. You must apply for all children from the household at one time.
Applicants must come to the office with a completed application, and proof of financial status.
Note the following:
1) Child is between 4 an 18 years of age when the sport starts.
2) One application completed for each child for no more then 2 sports or 2 vouchers. Cannot change vouchers or add additional sports after the initial application.
3) Sports requested section completed and registration fee and equipment listed with cost. Remember maximum is $350.00 per child. Total cost cannot exceed $350.00 per child if fund available.
4) Notice of assessment for all adults living in the household with all applications.
5) Recent pay stub or social assistance or disability cheque for two weeks within the last month
6) If a student proof of enrolement such a student card.
7) Do not bring or email unless all the above is enclosed.
8) Applications must come from Timmins area not outside Timmins.
9) First time applicants must come into the office so do not fax or email if first time applicant.
10) Equipment: We can grant a voucher for equipment which can be redeemed from O’REILLY Sports at 708 Algonquin Blvd. East
or Ringette equipment at Albert’s designated on the voucher and must be purchased 2 weeks before the expiry date on
voucher. Only one equipment voucher is allowed.
11) When applying for sports if one sport is $350.00 then only one voucher will be provided rather then 2 vouchers and partial payment to the sport requiring $350.00
12) Dance Applications only taken until June 21st each year so register early!
13) All activities must be applied for at one time as family applications not reopened.
14) Vouchers: Unused vouchers must be returned to the office and office notified. Vouchers cannot be used for private or semi-private lessons, taxes, travel, insurance or organizational fees or costumes.
15) If a child stops attending a sponsored sport, Sports for Kids Timmins office must be notified so a refund can be obtained.
16) Parents must be available for follow up all or email or reapplication will not be approved.
17) Family maximum $1200.00.
18) Vouchers must be picked up from office. Emailing of vouchers will be provided.
FAMILY ELIGIBILITY THRESHOLDS:
Gross Household Income
4 or more children
To be included for each adult in the home.
1) Government documentation: Notice of assessment (income tax)
2) Current proof of income: Pay stubs, statement of assistance or proof of enrolled student for all adults for the month prior to application.
Sports for Kids Timmins office hours at the Sportsplex Building Lower Foyer are at 396 Theriault Blvd Timmins are Tuesdays and Thursdays 9 am to 2 pm. Applications will be taken each of these days from 9:30 am to 1:30 pm. You must call for an appointment and send financials by email. You must bring your notice of assessment 2019 until March 15th then 2020 documents and pay stubs for the past month. If a student, your student card is required.
Applications are available on the website and at the office.
Fax 268-3113 Applications cannot be faxed.
Policy #1 Adjudication Procedure 2021 Policy #1 Adjudication 2021